La Veuve

Forum consacré à l'étude historique et culturelle de la guillotine et des sujets connexes

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Bonjour....première distribution.

AuteurMessage
Whistlekiller
Aide non qualifié

Emploi : Account Manager, Computers

MessageSujet: Bonjour....première distribution.   Lun 30 Avr 2007 - 12:51

Hello everyone. I'm from England 👽 and unfortunately my French is poor, though since I've been visiting this forum it's improving slightly! One day I might be able to post something of use (in French) but in the meantime I decided to join just to say thanks for all the really interesting details you guys have turned up. Nice to see Bois de Justice on here as well.....I'm still trying to get Channel 4 England to sort through their archives for that program you asked about! Might get somewhere someday! Very Happy
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
ScottishMaiden
Aide confirmé

MessageSujet: Re: Bonjour....première distribution.   Dim 6 Mai 2007 - 13:49

I think I made a video copy of the programme you mention - was'nt it Channel 5 with Geoffrey Abbott (who lives in the Lake District) ?
Whistlekiller
Aide non qualifié

MessageSujet: Re: Bonjour....première distribution.   Mar 8 Mai 2007 - 9:19

Hi, I don't suppose you can transfer it to DVD can you? I'll pay for the postage if you can. Cheers.
Boisdejustice
Monsieur de Paris

Emploi : Ingenieur

MessageSujet: Re: Bonjour....première distribution.   Mer 9 Mai 2007 - 5:19

There has been at least 2 TV programs with extensive information about the guillotine on UK TV. One may have been on channel 4 and the other probably on channel 5. The one we are looking for has, according to one person that saw it, footage from a real French execution which is not Weidmann and not the one from Hanoi (erroneously also know as Martin-Veteau 1933). I have trouble believing it, but the person who saw it insists it was real footage and he has seen both of the other clips.

Whatever program you have, I would love to see it also...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://boisdejustice.com
Whistlekiller
Aide non qualifié

MessageSujet: Re: Bonjour....première distribution.   Mer 9 Mai 2007 - 9:52

So everyone else knows, I definitely remember a program on capital punishment (in general) from a few years back (maybe 10+) I've asked various people at Channel 4 and they have no recollection of it so it may be that it was on Channel 5 although I think the program I saw was before Channel 5 started in 1997 so it must have been Channel 4 (does this make sense?).

The first half of the program was screened before 9pm (watershed for adult material in England) with no graphic detail whilst the second half was screened with a verbal warning and contained video of various executions including the Weidmann one and an interview with a French gentlemen (at the time I wasn't as interested in the subject so I don't recall his name) who discussed the guillotine for a few minutes. I wish I could remember properly what else occurred but the more I think, I don't remember seeing any other guillotine executions on the film although I could be wrong. I shall persevere with my questioning of Channel 4!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Bonjour....première distribution.   

Bonjour....première distribution.
Page 1 sur 1